Mission & Philosophy
Bird’s Nest Children’s Theatre is dedicated to helping children to explore creativity through free or highly affordable shows, classes and other theatrical events.
We believe in the following
- No child should be denied the opportunity to explore their creativity based on their family’s ability to pay.
- Quality theatre is not limited to metropolitan areas and an abundance of talent and opportunity exists in Spring Hill.
- Theatre offers an exceptional environment to teach a wide variety of positive character attributes including confidence, teamwork, collaboration, positive peer support, creative problem solving.
- The experience of participating in a theatrical production can create diverse, long-lasting friendships and provide a sense of community for children who may not fit the typical social mold.
- There is no room for negative competition in the arts, only striving to be your personal best and learn to collaborate and support your fellow actors and theatre community.